Hear The Children’s Cry – A Member of the Global Missing Children Network
HEAR THE CHILDREN’S CRY
The Eyes, Ears and Voice of Jamaica’s Children
Hear the Children’s Cry is a leading charitable organization providing urgently needed services for children and young people, many of whom face daunting odds and severe social and economic challenges. Established in 2002, we combine vigorous, high profile advocacy with practical programmes for children, families and young adults.
We established our multifaceted Missing Children’s Support Programme in April 2009, with continuing support from Jamaica Yellow Pages.
- Hosting a National Mini-Summit on Sexual Violence Against Children
- Spearheading the Ananda Alert Rapid Response System for Reports of Missing Children
- Hosting a two week Sensitization Programme for Professionals Across Jamaica Working with Children/Missing Children
- Hosting an islandwide Missing Children’s Stakeholders’ Consultation
- Became the first Caribbean organization to become a member of the Global Missing Children’s Network (GMCN) in 2015
- Online publication of The Children’s Voice newsletter, the Child Watch Bulletin and monthly updates on Child Welfare during the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Co-hosting, in partnership with the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children (ICMEC) and Facebook, a Specialised Interactive Workshop for Law Enforcement on ‘Investigative & Preventive Response to Missing Children’
- Ongoing Research, Documentation and related publications
- Press Releases/National Media Interviews, Social Media outreach and National Press Conferences on critical issues.
- Operating islandwide Schools Safety Programme and Parenting Workshops.
- Designing and implementing a successful Prevent a Dropout Pilot Project for secondary schools
- National Youth Help Project – Employment opportunities for at-risk youth
- To serve as the voice of Jamaica’s children in the advocacy required to keep their concerns and best interests at the forefront of Jamaican life.
- To engage in public education activities that promote and involve children and their parents, communities and the wider Jamaican society.
- To undertake practical programmes and initiatives on behalf of children and their families.
- To facilitate and encourage children to speak for themselves on issues they deem important, and for their rights to be enforced and respected.
Our vision is of a Jamaica in which all children are protected from physical, sexual, mental, and emotional abuse, by defending their rights, through Christ centered principles.
View our various activities and programmes conducted by our organization.